Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's Sarracenia thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh your post said you were propogating or something I figured you divided the rhizome, which last I remember was like the size of a softball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First real update of 2013... Went outside and took pics now that everything is moved to my new house and trimmed up... I have more flowers this year then I ever have.. Must of been our mild winter or something.. But everything is about to explode with growth. Pretty awesome... I'm also pretty stoked that the TDS in my new house is only 20 out of the tap! Being able to use the garden hose to water everything is going to be epic.. No more making and lugging out 20-30 gals of RO nearly every day during the summer. Woot!

Doreen's Colossus, in its temporary home.. I had to move it in a giant mixing bowl because it didnt fit in any of biggest 12" pots that I had.. Even in this big mixing bowl, there was only like 1" between the rhyzome and the bowl to stuff media into. lol. And the roots were easily 18" long.. I had to dig nearly to the bottom of the huge bog container to get it out.. (I had to remove all the plants from my bog planter to move it, and empty half the contents, so I could move it. Weighed a few hundred pounds. lol)..

Took a couple divisions while it was unearthed.. Trade/Sale fodder...

lonely Adrian Slack flower stalk

2 Leah Wilkerson flower stalks this year

Adrian Slack x Judith Hindle putting up tons of growth...

"Adrian Slack Imposter"

alabamensis shooting out 4 stalks this year. Woot.

"Appalachian Spring"(rubra jonesii x oreophila), which I might cross with alabamensis.. Creates the same grex as 'Triple Rarity'..

dun dun DUUNNN!!! Blackberry Sundae moorei is sending up a flower!!! Now what to cross it with.. Should I go with something red? Bloodmoon, Hank, lueco 'Burgundy'? or another Moorei.. Adrian Slack or Leah Wilkerson? Ugh so many decisions...

Bloodmoon, flowering for the first time for me..

rubra wherryi 'Chatom Giant'

This also makes me very happy. Excellens 'Giant' is sending up 3 flowers!! Another one i'll have fun crossing to things.. Im thinking Doreen's Colossus and Leah Wilkerson, and maybe a purp of some kind.

Golden Red Jubilee x purp purp from Rob Co... Im thinking of crossing this with Willow Creek or lueco x Umlauftiana.

a generic Oreophila

purp 'Jersey Girl'

purp purp - Lake District of Muskoka, Ontario

A generic purp of unknown origin..

purp purp - Ontario

purp montana - Transylvania Co, NC

15 flower buds on this 'Tapestry'.. Should look pretty epic when they bloom.

An unknown.. Sigh.. Apparently I missed a few tags when I redid them all with the new amazing permanent marker and this one is totally faded. All I can tell is that its a rubra, and has alot written on the tag.. So Im gunna have to set aside all my rubras, and cross reference with my growlist to see whats missing..

Siskiyous Mnt Darlingtonia.. 2 flowers for me this year..

And some group shots..

Something knocked the flower off the bottom right plant. grr.

And everything in its new home.. Time for some more tables.. or hopefully ill be able to use 1 or 2 of my boyfriends old hydroponic tables... Please ignore the pile of pitcher trimmings lol.. I had just finished and hadnt picked them up yet..
    Last edited by Brie; 04-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looking sooo good Brie! Looks like you have lots more outdoor growing room at the new place, nice.

I also have way more sarrs flowering than ever before, and more flower stalks per plant too. The sarr seedlings also seem to be taking off more rapidly. I think it is due to the very mild winter we had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Yeah i have a TON more space, and everything has much more light..

Yeah, I definitely think the mild winter is making everything super happy this spring.. More flowers then ive ever seen..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ughh. Wishing I had won that purp from CCPS... Everything looks awesome. Great start.
    Brennan
    My growlist: http://bit.ly/VUE0ri

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argghh so much space! That place is going to be a private nursery by 2014. Jealous, Brie. Very jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You going to be busy doing all those crosses. Good luck with them all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told ya you'd be onto bigger and better places in no time. Looks great!!
    Now just to get that lawn mowed and you'll be all set.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast