Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's Sarracenia thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet. Can't wait to see those seedlings grow. How deep do you plant the Osmocote pellets in each hole?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    Sweet. Can't wait to see those seedlings grow. How deep do you plant the Osmocote pellets in each hole?
    Me too!

Id say about an inch, 1 1/2"...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Great collection, Brie! Everything is so nicely laid out and it is a thrill to see the new pitchers forming. I can hardly wait for the photos to come.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking VERY nice Brie! The 'Wilkerson's White Knight' x S. purp venosa and the Leuco Franklin A x Leuco Franklin B are actually crosses that I made and sent seeds of them to Rob. They are both nice but you will really like the White Knight x Purp!
    I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky78 View Post
    Looking VERY nice Brie! The 'Wilkerson's White Knight' x S. purp venosa and the Leuco Franklin A x Leuco Franklin B are actually crosses that I made and sent seeds of them to Rob. They are both nice but you will really like the White Knight x Purp!
    Thanks Wes.. Good to know, thanks for the correction.. I thought they did the original crossing, i'll go edit my post.

The WWK x Purp Venosa are going strong, as are the Lueco Franklin A x B, cant wait to see those mature pitchers..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    New sarrs I picked up yesterday while hopping around Seattle nurseries/stores.

Top is S. flava maxima x S. purp burkii/rosea, to the right of it is S. alata x purp heterophylla, all the way to the left is oreophila x purp heterophylla. I cant wait for these guys to grow out more of these awesome pitchers.
    Those are mighty fine looking hybrids! Are they Jerry's? Glad you got Fred's seedlings potted up. Mine are all loaded into a flat where they can live for at least two more years, undisturbed. They should be beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Those are mighty fine looking hybrids! Are they Jerry's? Glad you got Fred's seedlings potted up. Mine are all loaded into a flat where they can live for at least two more years, undisturbed. They should be beautiful.
    Arent they?? I was surprised to see them in retail stores.. Usually you just find the usual flava, lueco, and purp.. But yes, they are indeed hybrids by Jerry.. Dude makes some gorgeous stuff.

Yeah, was a bit of a chore but was also fun.. Never dealt with such a dense tangle of roots before.. lol. I put 9 to a 4" pot so im hoping they can stay there for a year or so.. Repot them next spring to individuals.. But yeah, I cant to see how these guys turn out I already see quite a bit of variation among them..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dare I ask, have you seen THIS?: (ask me: URL not allowed) >

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast