Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's Sarracenia thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning plants, Brie. I love the complex hybrids. They're all so very intriguing.

Do you know how many hours of sunlight your Sarracenia get? mine only get four, and they're almost colourless. I heard that they need five or more hours of sun to look nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    better keep those plants out of the wind

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my fave is the first 'Redman x self'. Very nice. Did he throw in the capensis plants, too?
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    I think my fave is the first 'Redman x self'. Very nice. Did he throw in the capensis plants, too?
    Every capensis in my collection came as "bonuses" with his plants.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, nice score of sarrs!! That Redman F2 x purp montana and ([alata X minor] x [lueco X rubra]) x Minor Giant really caught my eye. You have such a good eye for sarrs, I like your taste. Man, those utrics would look so neat growing in the bog, just love those little flowers. Do you know what kind they are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    Wow, nice score of sarrs!! That Redman F2 x purp montana and ([alata X minor] x [lueco X rubra]) x Minor Giant really caught my eye. You have such a good eye for sarrs, I like your taste. Man, those utrics would look so neat growing in the bog, just love those little flowers. Do you know what kind they are?
    Thanks! Yeah it was fun, getting to just browse through the tables, picking out ones I liked... I ended up with a mess of red things lol.

the utrics are all graminifolia, with a pinch of subulata. I could save them all for you when I repot and ship em to you. They're both considered a pest. Once you put them there, you will never get rid of them ever again... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Yep, lots of free hitch hikers LOL. The Redman x Self is one of my favorites as well.. Very unique looking..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Stunning plants, Brie. I love the complex hybrids. They're all so very intriguing.

Do you know how many hours of sunlight your Sarracenia get? mine only get four, and they're almost colourless. I heard that they need five or more hours of sun to look nice.
    Hmm.. well.. They get some amount of sun all day... But DIRECT sun, kinda varies.. The right side gets sun starting early in the morning as the sun comes up over the building, then creeps to the left of the patio.. Once the sun is high enough, they get shade/dappled shade by the trees that are in front of the patio.. Then mid/late afternoon the sun is past the trees and hits the patio again until the sun moves to the back of the building again. But lately, they havent been getting much sun at all.. :P Stupid clouds and rain.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast