Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's Sarracenia thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice collection going there Brie. Do you have any updates on those seedlings I germinated? BTW - you can clip those few remaining seedpods. They don't need to be brown before you cut them. It is late in the season and they are basically done. I clip yellow to light green pods all the time. I rarely let them turn brown on the plant. I just let them dry for a day or two in the house before I crack them open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fred, The Leah Wilkerson cross ones didnt take outside conditions here too well. :\ then they got attacked by that obnoxious powdery white fungus. Im planning on cleaning the remainders up, spraying them heavily, repotting them and moving them inside now that i'll have more room.. The others that were older are doing awesomely. I got a real nice white pitcher out of the Adrian Slack x Hurricane Creek Whites. I'll snap some quick pics for you asap.

Also, thats good to know.. these last ones are being soooo stubborn.. Still lightish green and healthy looking.. Didnt know you could cut em off while still green. Ill go do that asap as well. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I figured i'd put an update up here... All my baby sarrs from Fred P, Eric/Dionea Jerry A. and a few others did extremely well indoors over the winter and have taken off like a rocket. Still battling a little bit of Powdery Mildew(UGH!) which im about to use something much stronger on, but if I stay ontop of it with neem, it doesnt seem to damage the plants at all..

Anyway, here's some pics...

Fred, the ones on the back right are the ones from you. except for the awesome AS x HCW which are SUPER tall now and are out of view of the camera, on the left. I forgot to get a pic of them. Doh.

Lots of assorted goodness...

Babies from Jerry A. Lots of complex hybrids from last year.

From Dionea, this is turning out pretty awesome... Catesbaei x Scarlett Belle

I THHIINNKKK this is a flava ornata from Jerry A. But its dew kinda impressed me given its only under T5s.. acting like its full blown summer

Cross done by Brokken, seed grown by Dionea, and so graciously passed on to me.. The ever illustrious rubricorpora x purp montana

Also covered in lots o dew

'Juthatip Soper' from Europe

An epic seedling I picked out of a horde of thousands at Jerry A's last fall... This thing is turning out dope.. Its (oreophila x alata) x Leah Wilkerson

Now for the outdoor plants.. Its flowering time...

'Golden Red Jubilee' x S. purpurea ssp purpurea by Rob Co

Various purps.. Montana, purp purp, rosea. Each is flowering.

"Hank" has a couple this year

Willow Creek

Adrian Slack Imposter

Blood Mooooooonn!

Last but not least.. my current crowning plant of the collection... Blackberry Sundae moorei.. I cant.. Wait.. for this thing to grow!!

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'Juthatip Soper' is really pretty. And of course a number of others. I really cannot wait for Blackberry Sundae to grow!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice plants, brie!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin' gooood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you finally took your Doreen's colossus apart huh?

Nice pictures as always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took it apart? I havent really done anything withit in the past year. Last spring i repotted it into a 25gal pot and took a couple divisions off of it then.. havent touched it since then.. although now that im moving im going to be digging up the few sarrs that are in that huge pot and putting them into individual pots, at least for the move cuz the pot is way too heavy to carry very far. Lol.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast