What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia doing great!!

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
I got this plant last summer and all it did last year was produce about five 2" pitchers. So this year I was plesantly surprised about how large the pitchers are!! Its been growing in a 1:1:1:1 peat, orchidbark, LFS, coarse, perlite mix without any special treatment out on my patio so I'm very happy with the results! I think this is another CP that has a bad reputation for being hard to grow but so far (for me at least!) its been as easy a a VFT or a sarracenia

Heres a pic from a few weeks ago....
IMAG0332.jpg

And today....
102_4138.jpg

the largest pitcher is about 12" tall with my hand for scale
102_4140.jpg

102_4139.jpg

and it looks like there are more coming!
102_4141.jpg

and for Adam, Sarracenia flava
102_4137.jpg

Thanks for looking!

What a beauty!! It is doing great. I plan on sowing darlingtonia seeds soon. Hope they do as great as yours! :)

Nice looking Darlingtonia and Sarracenia!

Very nice! On mine, the first two pitchers of the season are always the largest, with the others being somewhat smaller. What happened to the appendages that hang down from the lid? Mine have very long appendages.

Looks really big compared to a week ago. Nice plant!

I. Am. Jealous. The plant I received had scale and died not a week later, with only one leaf still alive I am trying to root to no avail. Hoepfully my seeds will do well, because that is one spectacular specimen.

VERY nice! I started some 2 years ago and they're doing great!
I thought I had a photo, guess not! Time to take a few!

BTW, what kind of soil mix do you use for you darlingtonias?

Here's my 2 year old seed started Cobra. I used LFSM.

IMG_1044.jpg

Dont pay attention to my comment above, I just figured it out lol

Great looking LFS!

Back