What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Darlingtonia "fen"

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Some pics of my Darlingtonia "fen" in the pond. Looks like they survived their first winter in there just fine.

IMG_1662x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1674.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1672.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1664x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1671.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1666.jpg
[/IMG]

Now that is cobra prosperity! 'Gotta comment on the moss, too - just lush. What kind of a container is it all in?

Beautiful, DJ! The setting is simply perfect. Kudos on your success! :)

Now that is cobra prosperity! 'Gotta comment on the moss, too - just lush. What kind of a container is it all in?

The container I picked up at a garage sale several years ago and it is meant to be used as a waterfall feature, I dug it out of storage and decided it would make a perfect fen for the Cobras. That moss only does good in there, dies when I try to grow it in the bog. Guess it needs the running water too. It does tend to overgrow the Cobras though and I have to trim it often.

Beautiful, DJ! The setting is simply perfect. Kudos on your success! :)

Thank you. It finally has a fighting chance now that the electric fence is up...the raccoons can no longer trash it and eat the Cobra plants or fish.

'Like'

You know, I might have to try the fountain idea. I hope my seeds sprout this time.

That's super cool!! I've had a few chances to grow these, but it never seems to work out.

That's super cool!! I've had a few chances to grow these, but it never seems to work out.
Same here. Beautiful Cobras DJ!

Back