What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungus Problem

Bug Problem

2mfyxdy.jpg
S.purp
1ggimx.jpg
S.Minor

Last edited:
First pitcher is just dying off naturally due to old age.

If you're getting deformed pitchers, it looks like an insect problem. Spray with insecticide.

Yes I know, but the rash is now on all the pitchers.

I've had very good success preventing AND treating fungal issues with trich. Had it on a lot of my new neps. I suspect it was dormant and kicked into high gear thanks to plants weakening as a result of shipping. Didn't really think it was doing too much damage other than very unsightly red blotching. After a treatment of trich, each new leaf got progressively better followed by huge growth spurt. Treated many different plants all with similar success. Have since used it as a preventative and don't really have much issue on pretty much all my sarrs, neps, cephs and helis. May not be as quick acting as a systemic fungicide, but I rather go slow and easy on the plant and be more natural if I can. I don't use on dews.

Your results may vary.

I googled Trich and got something I never asked for.

Can I get a full name?

Trichoderma. Its basically a fungi that kills the bad fungi and is usually used for when Heliamphora's arrive from nurseries in the UK...etc so their roots don't get infected.

Update!
35hp755.jpg

eriflf.png

r9o2lj.jpg

eqyz3d.jpg

No dice with trichoderma people. No luck at home depot.

The deformed pitchers look like bug damage, possibly aphids or slugs. Aphids are there and gone before you even see them, causing extensive damage to new pitchers starts. I use Bayer systemic insecticide on all my sarrs in spring as a preventative.

Exposure to herbicides can also cause deformed pitchers even in minute amounts. Surprising how far the smallest breeze can carry a spray and can even expose plants if you touch them with herbicide on your hands, I know from experience. I had a couple pitchers plants exposed and every new pitcher was deformed thereafter, but normal growth the following year.

The deformed pitchers look like bug damage, possibly aphids or slugs. Aphids are there and gone before you even see them, causing extensive damage to new pitchers starts. I use Bayer systemic insecticide on all my sarrs in spring as a preventative.

Exposure to herbicides can also cause deformed pitchers even in minute amounts. Surprising how far the smallest breeze can carry a spray and can even expose plants if you touch them with herbicide on your hands, I know from experience. I had a couple pitchers plants exposed and every new pitcher was deformed thereafter, but normal growth the following year.

It was bug damage :D
I sprayed them and they already looking much better.
Thanks guys.

Back