What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora minor var. pilosa

Good news guys. We speak to andreas last night, the 250€ addition is removed. You can buy a minor var pilosa without adding any other plants to your order :)

Last edited:
Very nice Francois!

My replacement is due to arrive any day.... got AW's shipping notice a few days ago

pilosa v2.0 :)

Thx guys.

Yeah sir, keep us posted!

Last edited:
fuzzy socks v2.0 arrived today!!!

Tag reads:
Heliamphora minor var pilosa
(Auyan)
klon '06-09

Nice sized division, 4 or 5 adult pitchers... all showing some signs of hair both inside and out :)
Nice coarse hair too!
Biggest and oldest pitcher is about 2" in height but the rest are new growth and about half that

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

woot woot!!

Last edited:
What (besides exterior hairs) makes var. pilosa so valuable compared to normal H. minor? Rarity? I'm sorry if this should be obvious, I don't grow many helis other than typical H. minor.

Last edited:
interior hair with exterior hair and rarity....

There were rumors of pilosa and parva floating around for years, some said they were extinct due to unsuccessful poaching attempts etc etc
So when they did become commercially available, for the heli grower they were "holy grail" lost species.

It really is unique as far as Heliamphora species goes, but at the price they bring they are definitely a collectors item though.

Last edited:
Nice butch ! Im happy for ya!

Its a wonderful plant you have there! It look like a pitcher cutting with new growth at the base.

Good luck with your new baby :)

How was the roots system?

Last edited:
Root system is respectable, it should do well....

I am very pleased :)

fuzzy socks v2.0 arrived today!!!

Tag reads:
(Auyan)
klon '06-09

Nice sized division, 4 or 5 adult pitchers... all showing some signs of hair both inside and out :)
Nice coarse hair too!
Biggest and oldest pitcher is about 2" in height but the rest are new growth and about half that

woot woot!!
Congrats Butch! I received the same clone today but my date reads 13.01.14 so mine may have been divided 6 months after yours. I received one tall 2" pitcher (new) and 2 older pitchers that have been cut down halfway.

Yep yep its me again :-D

This morning i took a couple of pictures for my flickr album, and then i realize the big difference between the pilosa and typical minor clones.

I think, in a near future, the heliamphora minor var pilosa will become heliamphora pilosa.

Everything is different; the nectar spoon, the pitcher shape, and of course the inside/outside white fuzz.

Like you can see here, the pilosa have a greenish spoon, even under massive lighting. The shape and size are not the same.

Heliamphora minor var minor

Heliamphora minor var minor by dals009, on Flickr

Heliamphora minor var pilosa by dals009, on Flickr

Also, by the way, you can compare with a couple minor cultivars, just for fun:

Heliamphora minor 'burgundy-black'

Heliamphora minor 'burgundy-black' by dals009, on Flickr

Heliamphora minor 'selection 1'

Heliamphora minor 'selection 1' by dals009, on Flickr

That was a interesting exercice.

I know i know, im heliamphoholic, with a little cephalotus problem.

I will try to fix that this summer... :)

Thanks for watching guys.

Last edited:
wow! nice pictures!! your heliamphora are beautiful! they seem very happy in your growing conditions

Thanx for your kind words !

Last edited:
Butch whats that pilosa look like now?

Back