User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 104 of 137

Thread: Heliamphora minor var. pilosa

  1. #97
    DonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    I was very pleased with Andreas' response, next one is suppose to he hand selected by him.
    Hopefully our previous experience and reaction to it results in good fuzzy sock Karma for both Don :-)
    I hope he picks out some hairy buggers for the both of us.

    Here's the pic I sent Andreas of my pilosa. It's just sitting there taunting me since June 2012.



    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    His warranty is the best out there.
    I agree. Almost 2 years later and he's still making good on his warranty after the customs delay.
    Thanks Andreas!

  2. #98
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    His warranty is the best out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    ....I agree. Almost 2 years later and he's still making good on his warranty after the customs delay.
    Thanks Andreas!
    +1

  3. #99

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Av8tor1: I still think you're minor var. pilosa is a true one - it even seems to have some first adult pitchers. Tried to convince you many times, but maybe you're not so patient to wait for some more adult pitchers which carry the fuzzy characteristics...
    My plant is extremely hairy, but the first adult pitchers are always hairless outside!

  4. #100
    Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc i have to disagree. My pilosa push me a very fuzzy first pitcher.

    How can you say 'always' ? you have a 10 years experience with this specie? Do you grow hundred of them?

    Every seedling is unique, and some are just hairless, or have genetic problem.

    After 2 years, with the growing skills of theses two guys, its clearly a genetic issue.
    Last edited by Maiden; 03-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.

  5. #101
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    @Av8tor1: I still think you're minor var. pilosa is a true one - it even seems to have some first adult pitchers. Tried to convince you many times, but maybe you're not so patient to wait for some more adult pitchers which carry the fuzzy characteristics...
    My plant is extremely hairy, but the first adult pitchers are always hairless outside!
    You may be right, I did take your feedback to heart and appreciate it.
    It is the reason I had waited 18 months to even ask Andreas to have a look at the pictures.

    I did not approach Andreas demanding a replacement, I approached him with the pictures and asked him his opinion.
    He felt something was indeed wrong and offered a hand picked replacement, and of course I accepted.

  6. #102

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Marc i have to disagree. My pilosa push me a very fuzzy first pitcher.

    How can you say 'always' ? you have a 10 years experience with this specie? Do you grow hundred of them?

    Every seedling is unique, and some are just hairless, or have genetic problem.

    After 2 years, with the growing skills of theses two guys, its clearly a genetic issue.
    No, I don't have 10 years experience in growing Heliamphora minor var. pilosa and I also don't grow 100 clones! I just have 4 different clones for 2 years now. "Always" was a bit farfetched and I also have to say that there are some clones which seem to have just few hairs (sometimes the next pitcher is even nearly hairless of unknown reason!) - so there might be a non stable genetic issue. But two of my Auyan clones have really long and dense amount of hairs, but the very first adult pitchers are totaly glabrous outside! This is also true for my third one from Auyan, which is less hairy in general!
    But never the less these plants are H. minor var. pilosa, if super hairy or just less hairy.

    And as far is I could follow your pictures you got the plant already with adult pitchers late in the last year, right? So Av8tor1 really had to grow up a plant which was just in the phase becoming adult. I would guess that you haven't seen the first adult leafs on your plant - so please don't talk of experience please...
    Av8tor1's plant never had a fully adult pitcher - it just doesn't grow so well in his conditions, which seem to be obviously great for all the rest of his Heliamphora.
    I also encounter that for my H. minor BB and I guess most H. hispida in cultivation are acting the same - there might be epigenetic modifications during TC which cause that effect. But I'm not a geneticist nor a epigeneticist, just a boring molecular biologist...


    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    You may be right, I did take your feedback to heart and appreciate it.
    It is the reason I had waited 18 months to even ask Andreas to have a look at the pictures.

    I did not approach Andreas demanding a replacement, I approached him with the pictures and asked him his opinion.
    He felt something was indeed wrong and offered a hand picked replacement, and of course I accepted.
    I just got a bit upset first, when I read that Av8tor1 got a replacement even though his plants seems to grow fine and also because I told him that the pitchers will become hairy outside.

    Since Andreas got many negative feedback in several forums, I got a bit feed up with that because he is a great guy and always tries to find a way to make his costumers happy with what they get! But in this case I was a bit too fast in judging, so I really apoligize to Av8tor1 for that!!!

  7. #103
    DonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Since Andreas got many negative feedback in several forums, I got a bit feed up with that because he is a great guy and always tries to find a way to make his costumers happy with what they get! But in this case I was a bit too fast in judging, so I really apoligize to Av8tor1 for that!!!
    I can't speak for the other forums but this thread has shown great support for Andreas and his willingness to fix problems that were beyond his control with no fuss. He will be sending my replacement in April.

  8. #104
    Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    No, I don't have 10 years experience in growing Heliamphora minor var. pilosa and I also don't grow 100 clones! I just have 4 different clones for 2 years now. "Always" was a bit farfetched and I also have to say that there are some clones which seem to have just few hairs (sometimes the next pitcher is even nearly hairless of unknown reason!) - so there might be a non stable genetic issue. But two of my Auyan clones have really long and dense amount of hairs, but the very first adult pitchers are totaly glabrous outside! This is also true for my third one from Auyan, which is less hairy in general!
    But never the less these plants are H. minor var. pilosa, if super hairy or just less hairy.

    And as far is I could follow your pictures you got the plant already with adult pitchers late in the last year, right? So Av8tor1 really had to grow up a plant which was just in the phase becoming adult. I would guess that you haven't seen the first adult leafs on your plant - so please don't talk of experience please...
    Av8tor1's plant never had a fully adult pitcher - it just doesn't grow so well in his conditions, which seem to be obviously great for all the rest of his Heliamphora.
    I also encounter that for my H. minor BB and I guess most H. hispida in cultivation are acting the same - there might be epigenetic modifications during TC which cause that effect. But I'm not a geneticist nor a epigeneticist, just a boring molecular biologist...




    I just got a bit upset first, when I read that Av8tor1 got a replacement even though his plants seems to grow fine and also because I told him that the pitchers will become hairy outside.

    Since Andreas got many negative feedback in several forums, I got a bit feed up with that because he is a great guy and always tries to find a way to make his costumers happy with what they get! But in this case I was a bit too fast in judging, so I really apoligize to Av8tor1 for that!!!
    First, as i can see on butch picture, his plant had 3 adult pitchers + 1 juvenile at reception. My plant had only 3 adult ones.

    Secondly, where did you read i have a lot of experience?
    I just said that you cannot say 'the first pitcher is alway hairless' because you dont have enough experience with this specie, like everyone here.
    I hope you understand that growers still experiment growing technics for this 'new' specie, even andreas.

    The pilosas ppl grow here are from andreas seedlings, so many differents genetics exist. The fact that andreas offer butch and don a replacement plant just prove my point.

    So please, wait a couple more years growing this specie before saying 'the first adult pitcher is always hairless' because its ridiculous.

    Andreas is a nice person, and his decision was right.

    And Jealousy is a bad thing my friend
    Last edited by Maiden; 03-17-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •