What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dennis Hastings

Very sad to hear....I have purchased several of his plants over the years and made many divisions from his stock. Actually Jeremiah, the plants look pretty good considering what they've gone thru and I think they will do fine in your care. Delighted they could be saved and live on. IMO, Ceph's are tough little plants.

Through trial and error, fire and ice, one way or another, we all pay a price. But though one is gone, and only memories left behind, they still live on, in the minds of those in life he did find.

I hope as a last tribute to your friend, that his collection will do well for you and that they may be a shining example of what some can strive to reach. My sympathies for all those who knew him

it's a testament to his knowledge about cephs that they stayed in such good condition for so long with no care. I hope some day i'm as good a grower as he was. My thoughts are with his family.

What sad news :( RIP. I'd only seen his pics online but it's always sad to lose one in our community. Glad the plants got passed on to such an acclaimed grower though, I'm sure they'll do great for you.

It definitely made me think about what would become of my plants if something were to happen to me.

-Jeremiah-

how old was he?

not old by any means. shame..

Sad to hear. His Cephs gave me something to aspire to with mine.

Back