Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my Cephalotus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, my first full growing season for these and propagating from leaves, and I am proud of my babies.

A big thank you to Jerry for giving me the opportunity to try my hand at these amazing plants and to all who advised me on how to grow them successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Great plants, DJ! I've yanked a few leaves off of mine earlier this summer and now I have a bunch of lil' ones pitchering madly away in a tray of sphagnum. So easy to propagate this species!
    Yeah, definitely worth the wait! I had success in a tray of moss and in a pot of peat/sand. This leaf pulling stuff is addicting, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    Cool pics & plants but I noticed that your sand is much more clear & sparkly than mine (what's up with that?? Very jealous!)
    Haha. Glad you like it. It is recycled crushed glass called TriVitro used for sandblasting, much cheaper than pool or other silica sand and I can get it locally. A little distracting as a top dressing, but I figure once the plants grow it will not be so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peatmoss View Post
    OMG SPARKLES!

Hehehe, isn't growing Cephs from leaf oullings fun?

Awesome plants!
    Yeah, fun and very addicting. Should come with some kind of warning, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    and here you're pretending you don't know what you're doing. Glad we have the same teacher..
    Are these all outdoors?
    I didn't know what I was doing, but Jerry made it look so easy and willing to share his "secrets" that I had to try.

They are grown inside. The big ones are on a window sill and the babies are under a shop light, I just took them outside to get better pics. I tried to grow the Hummer outside once and almost murdered it by doing so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry and I are in the process of setting up a windowsill ceph area here. I supplied the hardware, and he's supplying the software.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look great, DJ! Mass is right - you do come across as a newbie when you are very accomplished. 'Guess that's what humility looks like, huh?
    - Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Jerry and I are in the process of setting up a windowsill ceph area here. I supplied the hardware, and he's supplying the software.
    Teachers pet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluemax: "Those look great, DJ! Mass is right - you do come across as a newbie when you are very accomplished. 'Guess that's what humility looks like, huh?"

Thank you Mark.

Overconfidence gets me in trouble every time, hate murdering stuff, and can never have too much information,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12