Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Heliamphora . . .

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, Mike. I get you're from Portland, but it's that sort of quixotic attitude towards political correctness that is gentrifying the Albina District. Some things should be laughed off.

I'm not sure how Andreas feels about a history that is seemingly irrelevant to him, but it doesn't bother me when people make facetious remarks about Australians all being bred from criminals. You've gotta laugh this stuff off..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    I'm not sure how Andreas feels about a history that is seemingly irrelevant to him, but it doesn't bother me when people make facetious remarks about Australians all being bred from criminals. You've gotta laugh this stuff off..
    G'day mate! I'll ask Andreas if I meet him again

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    G'day mate! I'll ask Andreas if I meet him again
    Let him know that I'll throw a snag on the barby for him, if he brings the well-endowed, steinkrug-carrying frauleins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This fraulein will bring the barby.

Congrats on the seeds, Bella. Can't wait to see then grow up.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon people, it was simply a friendly jab at the guy; and he and I are on good terms -- have been for years. It was once called h-u-m-o-r, before the rise of the political court eunuchs, all of whom would like our language as absent of expression, as are their balls. I would also suggest that the the notion that "Hun" is considered a slur should approach any number of Eastern European organizations (or countries, for that matter), all of whom love to claim Hunnic origins. After all, who would not desire to be a descendant of Attila?

This all pervasive effort at political correctness is yet another reason why members of this forum are leaving to begin their own elsewhere. No one should be "biting their tongue." If I have offended anyone, rat me out if you so desire; or challenge me on it . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mato;1104589]Come on, Mike. I get you're from Portland, but it's that sort of quixotic attitude towards political correctness that is gentrifying the Albina District. Some things should be laughed off.

Down here in Alabama, where I live, they just voted to maintain segregated schools in the state constitution. I don't think there's anything funny about that, primarily because it's not funny. It's straightforwardly evil. I don't think hate is funny, so I'm not going to just laugh it off. There aren't any windmills here, but there is hate. Do I really have to rebut the idea that slurs are okay because they are funny or just don't matter or may inexplicably cause gentrification? I'm astounded that this is controversial, so I'm going to say it again: how about we just don't use slurs here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put the records straight, my comment was meant to be light hearted, in the same way as my 'G'day mate' comment and by no means trying to have a go at anyone for political correctness... which I hope Butch took as meant. I am sorry if it has caused dismay in what was an otherwise a very good thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    It was once called h-u-m-o-r, before the rise of the political court eunuchs, all of whom would like our language as absent of expression, as are their balls.
    Them's fightin' words.

Hilarious fightin' words

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast