What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Heliamphora . . .

Lol. O L O L.

I can always rely on Terraforums for a good bit of a read. :-)) Big-bella you should do stand up. (or sit down, because I guess that's what we are all doing).

Anyway, I want to see some updates!! Where are these ultra rare and sexy south American Beauties now?

MOAR Heliamphora!

:pics::pics:

Doffing my Pickelhaube -- we're finally back to the original thread. Here are a couple of shots of recently-germinated seed, grown in a peat-sand compost as a control; and, frankly, in case I completely screwed-the-pooch, in terms of mixing TC media . . .

Heliamphora minor var. pilosa 13 December

PILOSA-1.jpg

verry nice! Cant wait to see them further down the road.

Look like sarra seedlings! :lol:

Look like sarra seedlings! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! Especially at such an early age. Even their first couple tiny pitchers look very sarracenia-esque.

Here is a brief update of some of the Heliamphora begun late in the Fall; and they still continue to germinate, even a few months out:

Heliamphora minor (Cerro del Sol); H. minor (Auyan); and H. minor var. pilosa 6 January

2013Heli_zps343b60bb.jpg

A close-up of the H. minor var. pilosa, which managed to germinate against the container wall, after it had been clumsily knocked over:

2013Pilosa_zps0b7ebbd3.jpg

never ceases to amaze... :)

You're too kind, Butch; and I salute you with a shot-glass of methanol and glycol-free clear liquor -- though only for medicinal purposes . . .

Is cerro de sol a new location for H. minor? I have never heard of it before.

Is cerro de sol a new location for H. minor? I have never heard of it before.

Heliamphora minor is widely distributed; and that site is just one of many in the area. There is also Cerro La Luna . . .

Are all these locations on Auyan Tepui?

You're too kind, Butch; and I salute you with a shot-glass of methanol and glycol-free clear liquor -- though only for medicinal purposes . . .

lol, whatever are you talking about? (av looking innocent as baby lamb)
Youre spending too much time in the water, cant be good :p

I feel a cough coming on myslef..... Possa tu vivere cento anni old friend

Here is a brief update of just a few of the containers; and I am still experiencing germination, since the first, last Fall. Included in that mix, are Heliamphora folliculata; H. minor minor; H. minor var. pilosa; and H. purpurascens. Some have exhibited a good deal of color, even under the low fluorescent lighting. I'll begin multiplying them after they produce a few true leaves . . .

Heliamphora sp.
12 March

HELI2013_zpse420a0d5.jpg

Master, I am puzzled...Av tries to snatch the pebble from David's hand, only to discover the master is still the master and the student is still the student

hehehe, looking great old friend....

Plllleeeeeeaaaaaseeee . . . I doff my oh, so pointy Pickelhaube . . .

1970's Kung-Fu ref a little over the top?... hehehehe

You know, you need to do an official write up...its your turn ;)

1970's Kung-Fu ref a little over the top?... hehehehe

You know, you need to do an official write up...its your turn ;)

I was thinking of that vintage 7-UP commercial as well, with the "Kung Fu" cola and "un-cola" nut scene; and I am working on a little something . . .

excellent, there are those that will take the credit given the chance....

LOL, id forgotten the 7-up commercial, omg flashback

excellent, there are those that will take the credit given the chance....

LOL, id forgotten the 7-up commercial, omg flashback

One also has to wonder, just how often Shao-Lin priests succumbed to auto-erotic asphyxia, as did the late Mr. Carradine?

omg that is just so wrong on so many levels.... and at his age too, sheesh

must be a Hollywood thing :p

Back