Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fungicide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any fungicide with a metal compound in it is likely to be phytotoxic to many CP genera and should be avoided completely. Ie: sulphur compounds are generally safe (as preventatives, not curatives) whereas copper compounds are likely to cause damage. On the other hand, the "azole fungicides" have been proven safe on most genera, notably Sarracenia and Nepenthes, on which I have used these fungicides personally. The Bayer fungicides (tebuconazole, I believe) should be safe, as well as the Banner Maxx (propiconazole) types, of which there are several brands.

Clearys 3336 is also frequently recommended, especially for the control of Nepenthes Cercospora leaf spot, and is safe to use on many genera, to the best of my knowledge. There are other (less pricey) products containing Thiophanate-methy, the active ingredient in the Clearys 3336, that I have used myself and have found no phytotoxic effect on Nepenthes. Sarracenia is something you should test on yourself; start with one plant and watch for signs of toxicity. I'm sure someone else here has used Clearys (or equivalent) on Sarracenia and can offer their experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BONIDE I use is indeed a copper fungicide.
    The only plant that has shown any sort of die back after being sprayed with it is Cephalotus.
    Otherwise, I've had no problems using it on carnivorous plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some leaves on a few Nepenthes die off after being sprayed with Safer sulfur fungicide. But for the most part the plants don't seem to mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12