Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fungicide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fungicide

For the past three years now I have trimmed back my Sarrs and placed them into the refrigerator when winter came around. It wasn't until I joined this group that I realized they could survive in a bog outside where I live (Nebraska: zone 5b) if special care was taken. Next year I plan to do this, but as of now I'm going with my old method due to lack of time and just cutting them back and tossing them in the refrigerator after letting them begin hibernation naturally outside.

This process has happened and they are now trimmed and in the refrigerator.

So I started reading more and found that some people spray theirs with a fungicide before putting them to rest for the year and was wondering if there was a brand people used more than others, or if there was something people would recommend here? I've never had trouble with fungus, etc. in the past, but I'd hate to lose a couple the last year I employ this fridge method.

Thanks!
    Ben

P.S. not if it matters, but I have 20 plants in the fridge ranging from alata, flava, oreophila, psittacina, some various hybrids and a couple flytraps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BONIDE fungicide in the white spray bottle. Avoid the granules, they suck.
    The spray works like a charm, but will bleach live LFS white and kill off any sprayed area on cephalotus. just FYI..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havn't tried on my CP's yet, but I am a huge fan of the brand Bayer. I have similar situation as you and similar concerns for needing a fungicide and I asked in the chat box what a couple of other folks use and here was their reply:
    "get BONIDE fungicide pray. safe to use on all CP's."
    "and Bayer Advanced rose & flower pesticides for bugs. Also safe on all CP's."

Bonide and Bayer are both readily available here in the mid-west and hope to be experimenting with both brands and their products soon.

@Mass: you are good! you were one of the folks quoted lol
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to youtube and search on "Safe fungicdes for Carnivorous Plants". They discuss which fungicides are good for winter use for dormancy.

I won't put a link here because the video is produced by another CP nursery.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    I havn't tried on my CP's yet, but I am a huge fan of the brand Bayer. I have similar situation as you and similar concerns for needing a fungicide and I asked in the chat box what a couple of other folks use and here was their reply:
    "get BONIDE fungicide pray. safe to use on all CP's."
    "and Bayer Advanced rose & flower pesticides for bugs. Also safe on all CP's."

Bonide and Bayer are both readily available here in the mid-west and hope to be experimenting with both brands and their products soon.

@Mass: you are good! you were one of the folks quoted lol
    was gonna say.. that looks like something I said. Since I use both of those.. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

Also, not a number, thanks for the pseudo link. That's where all the sarrs came from anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi kwende

Most fungicides are Ok, just avoid anything with coppe in it as the plants dont like it.

cheers
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By coppe, do you mean copper?

As in their liquid copper product?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast