Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Taking the plunge - My first Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a difference a different perspective can make. I was taking pictures for my other thread and went to take one of the ceph and came around from behind it instead. It looks so much healthier from this angle

~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I think I can see three healthy pitchers and another on the way from that angle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divaskid View Post
    What a difference a different perspective can make. I was taking pictures for my other thread and went to take one of the ceph and came around from behind it instead. It looks so much healthier from this angle

In another year, you are likely going to have something like this as your reward:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/12/20121224-085147.jpg[/IMG]

Those are all adult pitchers, as much as 2" tall, and the plant now spans about 8" across. In June of 2011 it was about the same size as yours is now. I'm sure yours will be spectacular in a years time as well! Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! I can only hope that mine looks that awesome in a year!!

I love your pot too. Looks almost like mine

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad News..... well not totally sad, but another set back for Kermit. Yesterday he got whacked with the sleeve of a sweater being thrown by my BF So his newest pitcher was decapitated (you can see it lying on the soil on the bottom left) and killed a bigger one as well (the yellow smushed one)......

Before (top), After (bottom)

Luckily other than these two it doesn't look like much damage was done to the main plant. It did however put a stop to my stop-motion video, which is too bad because it was coming along nicely. So, here is the very short version of the video.... Its a total of 21 days....

Edit: sorry about the quality of the video, I swear it looks better on the computer. Photobucket made it very glitchy :/

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divaskid View Post
    Hmm must be white stoneware, the dust was a tad more grey, not pure white. I wish I had spent more time in the ceramics studio! I was always in the drawing and painting rooms instead.

I do have a question about the cephalotus. When does it make leaves? Is it based upon season or age?
    Cephalotus grows leaves based on season. They usually shoot new leaves out in the spring and grow pitchers in the summer. Good luck with the new plant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've finally moved the cephalotus outside and he seems to be doing ok after his run in with the sleeve. Its getting a little bit of a sunburn on the older leaves, but nothing too bad. I did notice its most recent pitcher is twice the size of the one that emerged before it. I'm hoping it'll be a big pitcher! Well, at least a biggER pitcher

If you look at the two newest leaves/pitchers sticking up in the middle, the one of the left is actually newer than the little one on the right..

Here's to hoping this guy does better with more light, I think he had too little bit before when I had him inside.

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking the ceph outside might be very good for the plant. It was great for this plant (not mine BTW). I think that you will find that after the plant grows a bit out if its 'baby stage' it starts to grow exponentially and gets huge. Good luck growing this one keep updates coming!