Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedlings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seedlings

These guys were started early last year. Thanks to those that sent along extra seed back then!!
    They have been living under 2 CFBs running for 16 hours a day. I don't want to run them for 24 since I don't think the VFTs can take that (plus the DW doesn't "want the neighbors to think i am running a grow house"). There are three different purp crosses and one standard group of VFTs in four different containers in the tray. My 4 year old removed the tags from the tall lid I put on the tray... so now I have no idea as to what the purp crosses actually are. Yeah! I just periodically mist them with a weak fert and so far they seem to be happy.

This is the first set of plants i have grown from seed and it's neat to see the color difference from one plant to the next, how some are so heavily veined while others have no veining at all, and then the growth difference.

I will be setting up my seeds for the perennial garden after a few months and plan at that time to separate out the vfts and maybe divide up the sarrs at that time to give them some space. I had stratified the seeds in chopped spag which took off as well. So if anyone is interested in a trade for a bunch of the spag.. let me know. The whole right side of the tray is now pure spag that I don't really need anymore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very impressive! Seedlings look great.

Totally clueless... Fish n Plants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!! I just love seeing forests of seedlings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I really don't know what i will be doing with all these guys... i don't have room for that many. So many will be passed on to the needy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I just love watchng the babies grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look great, as well as those vfts and that awesome sphagnum! You use CFBs?? Interesting....mind sharing a pic of the entire setup in the shot?
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much to show as far as a set up. It's just a small PVC frame over the single try with two CFBs hanging down over the one half of the tray which has the plants. The other side with the spag just gets the "indirect" light. The frame then just has some loose foil wrap around it. I did find a few of the tall lids for the seedling trays at Menards, so the plants could get fairly tall in this set up. It's pretty shameful in all.

Once I set up the more extensive seed trays for me yearly garden plants and separate these guys , they will be under standard 4 footers.

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all look so great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast