Congratulations. Always nice to have things turn out earlier than you expected with CPs.
hey awesome! congrats..
that is quick in my limited experience,any idea why so quick,warmer or brighter?
thanks for your reply,i took some in December too a couple are showing signs of life,but was not the best leafs ,not too much of leaf base so fingers crossed
leaf pulling. i might have to do some next winter those pix look wonderful
"don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash." - sir winston churchill
really nice and really fast , ive still got hopes for my pullings started in nov x dec but nothing yet.
Well done! The faster response could have to do with the growth state (semi-dormant?) of the parent plant, its health, the day length, or some other factor. If you can reproduce the results with certainty, you may have identified a seasonal propagation tip!
So many variables. The plant was semi-dormant as it was in the cold garage for winter. Also, the leaves were fairly new this time around and I was able to get a fair amount of stalk with the pullings as it was done while the plant was uprooted for dividing, so getting more of the stalk/rhizome with the pulling and using young leaves may play a major role also?
During the division of the mother plant in December, there was a piece that I accidently cut away from the rhizome and so I half-buried that rootless piece in soil with a little LFS around the base, put a dome over the top, set it in the cool garden window with only natural light through the window, and basically ignored it as I thought it would just rot away...and it started showing vigorous growth last month. From this, I think maybe any part of the plant is able to generate growth.
This is a poor pic of that rootless piece it as I took it through the dome:
Haha, never toss or give up on any part of a CP is a lesson I am learning as sarracenia rootless rhizome pieces have produced plantlets for me also.