Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy The Big Move.

Lol you guys all clicked on this because you thought I was moving and giving away my pitcher plants. No such luck . I'm talking about my cephalotus. It has refused to grow or die. It just sits in a ten gal. in my basement and does nothing. Since the icps show last summer. I've heard people have had a lot of success growing these guys on windowsills during the summer, and I want to try it, but I'm not sure if the plant is stable enough. I've decided that in two days I will bring this guy upstairs and post photos of him every day until I think he is stable. Here are some pics for now:

Tell me what you think.

-Bio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan, it looks like the plant may be dormant and by the way you described it's stasis and the fact that it has been in the basement since late summer, this seems likely. Try increasing it's light cycle and warming it up. It should start showing signs of new growth shortly after it believes that summer has arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm... I wasn't aware cephalotus went through dormancy...well you learn something everyday I guess (and look super naive doing it). Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephalotus will go through a dormancy every year if allowed to. I put mine in the basement every year with a light cycle of only 8 - 10 hours from November to March. It's good for them to experience a mild dormancy every year. They come from a climate similar to South Carolina and can even experience occasional snow fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioZest View Post
    hmm... I wasn't aware cephalotus went through dormancy...well you learn something everyday I guess (and look super naive doing it). Thanks
    Many may not generally, but if was bought in the summer, and was used to being warmer and then was put in the basement, it may be dormant. You may find that bringing it out into a warmer area may quickly yield results.

Just my two cents, and it still won't buy ya any Bubblegum!
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarracenia View Post
    Many may not generally, but if was bought in the summer, and was used to being warmer and then was put in the basement, it may be dormant. You may find that bringing it out into a warmer area may quickly yield results.

Just my two cents, and it still won't buy ya any Bubblegum!
    Thank you for your two cents going towards BioZest's Bubblegum charity inc. Can we interest you in our newest feature film: The Effects of Bubblegum Donations on the adverage American? Free (with a donation of over seven thousand dollars).

seriously thanks though
    Last edited by BioZest; 05-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. I try to put my two cents in where I can, and as long as you are starting a Bubblegum fund I will contribute often.
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice to hear the enthusiasm from the donors of BBC(Biozest's Bubblegum Charity) inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast