Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just joined the sarracenia family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Sarrs! These should be awesome. If you live in NC you could consider making a bog garden with CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh noes another one hit with the Sarracenia bug! Soon you'll have trays full of them great start to the collection. +1 to the bog garden, as long as you don't have evil squirrels around they're awesome to have.

By the way what kind of perlite is that? Miracle-Gro? Just a word of caution as their products usually carry fertilizer. Sarracenia can handle and thrive in weakened amounts of fertilizer but the perlite beat down some of my Neps so I just avoid it for CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey3288 View Post
    Oh noes another one hit with the Sarracenia bug! Soon you'll have trays full of them great start to the collection. +1 to the bog garden, as long as you don't have evil squirrels around they're awesome to have.

By the way what kind of perlite is that? Miracle-Gro? Just a word of caution as their products usually carry fertilizer. Sarracenia can handle and thrive in weakened amounts of fertilizer but the perlite beat down some of my Neps so I just avoid it for CPs.
    Yep it's stupid miracle grow. I mixed my peat and perlite 2 days ago and have been rinsing it almost non stop. I rinsed it with boiling distilled water a few times too hopefully I diluted it enough fo it to not hurt the plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    Congrats on the new Sarrs! These should be awesome. If you live in NC you could consider making a bog garden with CPs.
    Sundew this is Huhsnare from YouTube. I commented on a couple of your vids. When I move into a house I'm definitely gonna consider a bog garden. The guy I bought my Dews from builds them. He has like 3 that are like 6'X20'. 1 has VFTs, Dews, and live sphagnum moss, the other 2 are filled to the brim with pitcher, Dews, and Live sphagnum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KKPsi08 View Post
    Sundew this is Huhsnare from YouTube. I commented on a couple of your vids. When I move into a house I'm definitely gonna consider a bog garden. The guy I bought my Dews from builds them. He has like 3 that are like 6'X20'. 1 has VFTs, Dews, and live sphagnum moss, the other 2 are filled to the brim with pitcher, Dews, and Live sphagnum
    Haha I thought so. Good to see you joined the forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    Haha I thought so. Good to see you joined the forum!
    Lol yeah man gotta get the family going

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12