What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just joined the sarracenia family

Finally joined the pitcher family. Shout out to sarge
S. mitchelliana
3247FF67-F36D-4FA1-8EC9-BE79C3E890DD-4765-000002822A8BD823_zps0e97f2d9.jpg

S. Daina's Delight
B6A0F925-C0BF-4457-B0B3-B404104A6265-4765-00000282241269C0_zpsc480ef66.jpg

Hooray! Go Sarrs!!
You should like these two. They tend to be very colorful!

Hooray! Go Sarrs!!
You should like these two. They tend to be very colorful!

Yep that's exactly what I wanted too. Sarge suggested those two so I got them lol

:-( CP addiction claims another life...you know you can't stop at just two don't you? Well, if you can't walk away and it gets really bad, I will have some sarr seedlings and some divisions next year that will be looking for a home due to my addiction getting a bit out of control, lol.

:-( CP addiction claims another life...you know you can't stop at just two don't you? Well, if you can't walk away and it gets really bad, I will have some sarr seedlings and some divisions next year that will be looking for a home due to my addiction getting a bit out of control, lol.

Make sure we stay in contact chief lol

Yes, you will not stop at two aha. I'm not sure what you like in your plants, for me it was always size, and every spring when I start getting back into CPs I find bigger and bigger sarracenia and have to get them.

You will have to post pictures of your Diana's Delight when it has pitchers, they are beautiful ;D

Yes, you will not stop at two aha. I'm not sure what you like in your plants, for me it was always size, and every spring when I start getting back into CPs I find bigger and bigger sarracenia and have to get them.

You will have to post pictures of your Diana's Delight when it has pitchers, they are beautiful ;D

I started with 1 Venus flytrap from lowes now I have 3 flytraps 2 Dews, and now these pitchers lol. Alllllllllllllready addicted

Congrats on the new Sarrs! These should be awesome. If you live in NC you could consider making a bog garden with CPs.

Oh noes another one hit with the Sarracenia bug! Soon you'll have trays full of them :) great start to the collection. +1 to the bog garden, as long as you don't have evil squirrels around they're awesome to have.

By the way what kind of perlite is that? Miracle-Gro? Just a word of caution as their products usually carry fertilizer. Sarracenia can handle and thrive in weakened amounts of fertilizer but the perlite beat down some of my Neps so I just avoid it for CPs.

Oh noes another one hit with the Sarracenia bug! Soon you'll have trays full of them :) great start to the collection. +1 to the bog garden, as long as you don't have evil squirrels around they're awesome to have.

By the way what kind of perlite is that? Miracle-Gro? Just a word of caution as their products usually carry fertilizer. Sarracenia can handle and thrive in weakened amounts of fertilizer but the perlite beat down some of my Neps so I just avoid it for CPs.
Yep it's stupid miracle grow. I mixed my peat and perlite 2 days ago and have been rinsing it almost non stop. I rinsed it with boiling distilled water a few times too hopefully I diluted it enough fo it to not hurt the plants

Congrats on the new Sarrs! These should be awesome. If you live in NC you could consider making a bog garden with CPs.
Sundew this is Huhsnare from YouTube. I commented on a couple of your vids. When I move into a house I'm definitely gonna consider a bog garden. The guy I bought my Dews from builds them. He has like 3 that are like 6'X20'. 1 has VFTs, Dews, and live sphagnum moss, the other 2 are filled to the brim with pitcher, Dews, and Live sphagnum

Sundew this is Huhsnare from YouTube. I commented on a couple of your vids. When I move into a house I'm definitely gonna consider a bog garden. The guy I bought my Dews from builds them. He has like 3 that are like 6'X20'. 1 has VFTs, Dews, and live sphagnum moss, the other 2 are filled to the brim with pitcher, Dews, and Live sphagnum

Haha I thought so. Good to see you joined the forum!

Back