Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple Hummers Giants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i seemed to get the best (darkest)colour on my ceph in the winter,so i too think cool temps may play a role in colouration because the photoperiod was very short if it was only down to the sun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice HG. I have one in a ten gallon tank but its not that large yet. It had nearly inch and a half pitchers when I got it but shock has taken those out. Atm, the typical is producing larger pitchers at about one inch In size. Only the ribs darken up so I think I found a good balance of lighting now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    i seemed to get the best (darkest)colour on my ceph in the winter,so i too think cool temps may play a role in colouration because the photoperiod was very short if it was only down to the sun
    I'm forced to disagree with that theory. My cephs get about 15 hours of light and no real temperature drop. And are colorful as can be..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you could be correct mass i dunno,i should keep one under lights next winter and compare it to the ones on the cool window sill with natural photoperiod i suppose and see what happens,this is the plant that i was talking about in winter on a cool window sill

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gorgeous coloration. I love the green on purple contrast..

Here's my German Giant (2 months ago), that get's 15 hours of intense light and no temperature drop. Not nearly as colorful as yours, but getting there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice mass,i am on the look out for giant cephs at the moment,the cephs i grow are all genetically the same as all are from divisions and leaf pullings off the same mother plant,this should make for good experiment material,and i should have a few small plants to experiment on by next winter(sorry jeff for hijacking your thread)i do not own that ceph anymore as i gave it my brother ,damn my kindness

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend. JMatt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem corky.
    Don't mind at all. I like seeing other peoples plants.
    Everyone has there own methods that work for them.
    Mass and your cephs look great!
    Mine will color up in time. There going threw a growth spurt right now.
    I'm glad now that I didn't let them flower. More material for cuttings.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A ceph discussion has been long over due here IMO. Jeff, you made my day..
    After seeing the size of your plants, and the color of corky's.. I think I'm going to move my ceph rack into the GH so they can experience a nightly temperature drop. Light exposure and day/night hours will stay exactly the same. Daytime temps will be close to the 80*F mark, with night temps in the low 60*s. Humidity may increase a smidge..
    I'm a little nervous because they're doing so well, but I honestly don't think a little change in night temps will cause a complete backslide in their overall health.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast