Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heliamphora minor aonda giant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, it will be very hard to disprove. I think your analyse is amazing.
    So, it will be almost impossible to know what plant i really have.
    I will put a h.minor unknow clone on the label for now.

Thanks for the reply :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    How large are these leaves, since H. minor can produce pitchers of 15 centimeters (6") or more?
    I dont know because i have a young plant, but i think the same as normal minor. But like amphirion said, its probably a mix of differents things, so time will tell!
    By the way, the 'normal' minor from auyan can have pitchers taller than that. I have a minor with a 17cm pitcher right now. But maybe its just a 'super pitcher' of a very mature plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Maiden,

there is some discussion of this clone on the german forum, though it may not be especially illuminating since it's mostly about how a clone labeled "Giant clone" didn't really turn out to be particularly giant. One of the ambiguities is whether the "giant clone" Severitt got is the same clone as the "Aonda giant clone." I'm most interested in whether anyone can confirm that this material originated near the Sima Aonda, rather than whether it is truly gigantic. In any case the most helpful part of the german thread is that Gert Hoogenstrijd from Araflora used to sell the "Aonda giant clone." I wrote him to see if he has any helpful information about its origins. If I get a reply I'll let you know. Here is the link:
    http://forum.carnivoren.org/index.ph...a-giant-clone/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last picture, with the blue background, is from Gert's old website Extreme-Plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "By the way, the 'normal' minor from auyan can have pitchers taller than that. I have a minor with a 17cm pitcher right now. But maybe its just a 'super pitcher' of a very mature plant."

I'd really like to see a picture Maiden. This is the tallest minor I have ever seen or grown. It is at most 11 cm tall: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51764444@N03/9646099661/

H minors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile: all 3 pictures where taken on google. I put them private on flickr, and in a near future i will delete them. That was just to show the plant here

Mikewilder:

The plant i talked about. All my minor are like this one, i have 4 mother plants. But this one is the taller. By the way, this one is 17cm without the spoon.

Thanks a lot for the good link/info. I really apreciate ! I speak to someone of araflora, and he cannot tell me more about the minor giant. He just have it since many years. Maybe you will have more chance.

I think this plant is called giant because of the wide pitchers.
    Last edited by Maiden; 09-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Mobile: all 3 pictures where taken on google. I put them private on flickr, and in a near future i will delete them. That was just to show the plant here
    I only said that because mikewilder had mentioned Gert in the previous post, so it was just confirmation that he used to sell this plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Maiden,

thanks for the picture. Gert says that Joachim Nerz was the original collector, and that he did in fact get the material at the Sima Aonda. There are no other species growing on Auyan Tepui, so it cannot be a natural hybrid. Though it is logically possible that subsequent hybridization took place in cultivation, there is no evidence to support that idea. So I see no reason to be skeptical about the location data or the species ID.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast