What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. 'Garcon Rose'?

Hello Fellow Sarr Lovers-

By any chance, do any of you folks know anything about this plant, S. 'Garcon Rose'?

There is a division being auctioned off at a well known site that its seller is asking several hundred $$$ (or at least "best offer") for.

I guess being "MEGA RARE" means MEGA EXPENSIVE :-(

Thanks to those that replies.

E

Doesn't look too special to me.

I agree, nothing special..
and dont forget, just because an ebay seller says: "mega rare! so pay me mega bucks!" doesn't necessarily make it true! ;)
he is probably just hoping for a rich and ignorant buyer..
and, even if it is genuinely rare, that doesn't always mean valuable..
there are plenty of "rare" but unimpressive hybrids that no one cares about owning..so they dont have high price tags.

The plant doesn't do anything for me..I wouldn't even pay $20 for it.
and, its not even a registered cultivar.

This is simply an example of an ebay seller hoping to make some big bucks on a plant that isn't remotely worth the asking price.

Scot

I saw this listing a while back and had a good laugh. Even at $15.00 to $20.00, I would feel no desire to have this plant in my collection.

An unregistered "cultivar" of no particular aesthetic virtue = so what?

That is just crazy. $500 for a plant. I think the most I have ever paid for one plant is $20-$25.

Back