User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carnivorous Plants that do not need a terrarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    I guess you didn't read my comment about humidity... Oh well, trouble with it if you wish Old habits die hard.
    Best of luck with the N. maxima!
    I did read you post before i posted mine
    that's why i am doing everything i can to let it adapt from higher humidty of the previous owner. i hope that it can adapt to my lower humidty on that windowsill. whatever it may be.
    I also made sure that temps are cool enough and lighting is sufficient. that window gets the most light out of any widow i have in the house. it may get hot in summer though...thats the only time i think it may have trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Venus Fly Traps and Sarracenia should *not* be grown in a terrarium..ever.
    reasons why: http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/sco.../CP/page2.html

Scot
    that
    is
    awesome!

have you tried using cinnamon against the mold and fungus? i sprinkled it on the under side of my Nepenthes pot because it used to get mold but now no sign of mold. idk if it hurts the nepenthes though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    picture of it as it was 1 week ago:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I did read you post before i posted mine
    that's why i am doing everything i can to let it adapt from higher humidty of the previous owner. i hope that it can adapt to my lower humidty on that windowsill. whatever it may be.
    I also made sure that temps are cool enough and lighting is sufficient. that window gets the most light out of any widow i have in the house. it may get hot in summer though...thats the only time i think it may have trouble.
    Yes, you are right. You do need to slowly lower the humidity over a period of time in order to not shock the plant (if it has been grown in high humidity), so you are doing the right thing Sorry for not giving you more credit.

I think you will be happy to know that N. maxima is fairly tolerant of hotter temperatures (at least compared to other strictly highland or ultra-highland species). Generally, I think N. maxima is best considered an intermediate grower, and can often even tolerate lowland conditions, so I have high hopes it should do well for you. If it really does start to get too hot in the summer though, you can use the blinds or a piece of shade cloth to partially shade the plant from the scorching sun.

Again, best of luck I think N. maxima was a good choice.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. I'll need it!
    i hope it makes a pitcher in spring time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123