What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia "Bengal Tiger"

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has any information on this hybrid. I found pictures on the CP Photofinder recently, and was blown away, but other than a small note on the plant here and there, I can't find too much about it, or how widely grown it is. If this is one that can be more widely distributed, I certainly think it should be.

I have no idea, but it is gorgeous!

probably because the original grower plans to make it a cultivar (note the double quotations). once it gains that status, its accessibility will probably increase.

I tried to look up metadta on the photo to get a date, but no luck. Alsom it seems to haqve been around long enough for CPPF to find it and make a dedicated link for it...

Last edited:
I haven't seen it! It does have a very lovely flower.

Yeah, I think the plant would be cultivar worthy for the flowers alone, but the pitchers are beyond striking!

Very sweet looking sarr ... though the pics I saw on Google reminded me more of a frilled lizard with its frill extended. :)

Here is a Bengal Tiger wannabe :)

ecal.jpg

Last edited:
That's an impressive clone Fred.... though I agree, only a wannabe, the real thing is far more contrasting :D

i killed mine this spring. really sad. i believe it's one of brooks' plants.

Aaaannnnd 1,000th post! :D

The information I found said it did come from Brooks, though past a couple entries on a blog I can't find anything about if it's been propagated further or not.
Sorry to hear you lost one, that would be a sad plant to go south.....

Back