Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Helis in the Winter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 18 wheeler semi trucks which take mail from the airport / sorting annex to your local post office do not have heated trailers (I used to load and unload them at my old job) and the rear of local post-office mail-carrier trucks are also not heated. My mail man knew I was a CP and orchid collector so he didn't put my live plant boxes on his delivery truck in winter because the trucks were too cold, he would just bring me a note saying to pick up my package at the post office. They were still exposed to cold the whole time until they reached my PO but at least he made the effort. Of course, he could only do that with boxes that had "Live Plants" declared on them. Despite this I still had some losses in winter so now I don't order or ship plants from November through April.

On a side note: Bachmanns Floral / office plant delivery trucks are also not heated or air conditioned, you'd think a plant leasing company would know better... LOL

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An illuminating conversation has developed here. I have wondered just what conditions were in transit: thanks for the heads up, gang!
    Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I don't ship Heliamphora unless I know I have 5 continuous days of above freezing temps.., I know what loading docks are like, stuff can be left sitting anywhere, especially around the holidays.

FWIW, Wistuba shipments are probably over till April
    (of course depending on what you're wanting, domestically there is Mike, David, et. al.,)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12