What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C.f. "Big Boy" Pictures

• Thread starter mobile
  • Start date
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! Those look amazing :D

How did you grow such beautiful plants? What's your setup?

You must have some super powerful lighting to get that kind of coloring...

Great Plant!

It was growing under 1 x 840 and 1 x 827 18W fluorescent tubes - a combination that I now favour over daylight (865) fluorescents. It gained the majority of its colouration under the fluorescents and then approximately one week ago I moved it under my 35W metal halide lamp.

It was growing under 1 x 840 and 1 x 827 18W fluorescent tubes - a combination that I now favour over daylight (865) fluorescents. It gained the majority of its colouration under the fluorescents and then approximately one week ago I moved it under my 35W metal halide lamp.

Are you referring to fluorescents like this: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Light...F8&qid=1388510846&sr=8-1&keywords=827+18+watt? I'm not sure what you mean by 1 x 840 and 1 x 827 18W fluorescent tubes.

Mobile needs lighting, he's about 400 yards south of the arctic circle, at this time of year he's in almost perpetual darkness :-D

You know how to make cephs thrive ! The colors are outstanding, very nice mobile :)

Mobile needs lighting, he's about 400 yards south of the arctic circle, at this time of year he's in almost perpetual darkness :-D
Days like today certainly feel like that :D

I'm actually at approximately the same latitude as Alaska.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 x 840 and 1 x 827 18W fluorescent tubes.
They are just 2' linear fluorescent tubes. One is cool white (840) and the other warm white (827).

Back