What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woot! New Growth on my Darlingtonia!

IMAG0161.jpg

You can barely see it beyond the D. binata 'Marston Dragon' that just had to be in the picture, but my Darlingtonia is getting a couple new pitchers. I'm pretty excited because this is my first attempt at growing Darlingtonia where I've actually gotten new growth, and I've only had the plant for a month and a half!

Nice! What is you cobra potted in?

Straight long fiber sphagnum moss. Regular plastic pot. I haven't done anything special, compared to other plants, but, when I first got it it was bare root and I put it in dry long fiber sphagnum in the pot and ran cold water over it for a few minutes.

Similar to me in your culture you are. I have found live long fiber sphagnum to work well for me, however. I figure cooling flushes are only necessitated by the hottest conditions. Even then, my plants saw 100 degree plus weather and survived--with water recirculation. I think the pump helped them through it anyway. ;)

Back