What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bare root rhizomes

Just received a mixed bag of sarracenia which are just dormant bare root rhizomes what would be the the best method for storage until spring when I can Pot them up. I'm in ny zone 6 unheated garage stays just around the high 30s maybe just maybe hitting the 40 degree mark

You could put them with some damp peat moss in a plastic bag in the refrigerator, or if you already have pots for them you could plant them and put them in your garage. The main thing to watch out for is fungus if you don't have good air circulation and the rhizomes stay too wet.

You could put them with some damp peat moss in a plastic bag in the refrigerator, or if you already have pots for them you could plant them and put them in your garage. The main thing to watch out for is fungus if you don't have good air circulation and the rhizomes stay too wet.

This what i do. Just open the bag every 2-3 weeks for ventilation, and for removing the white strip, who is harmless to the plants.

Back