Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keiki Paste and Heliamphora

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Butch. I agree, not often you see a tatei with growth like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing recovery, well done my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, I guess fortune really does favor the brave That's pretty interesting. FWIW my oldest tatei has never made little pups. It finally divided into 2 growth points last spring after flowering. The upside is that both growth points flowered this year, but the downside is so far the pitchers are way smaller than they used to be.The stem was creeping along horizontally but has now gone vertical for ~2 inches. I'm hoping it will fully bifurcate, I'd love for this plant to have a Y shaped stem.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51764444@N03/13126809284/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like "Fortune favors the horribly impatient" ! Ha ! I'd love to see a bifurcated H.tatei in cultivation ! The only ones I've seen are in situ pics. Is that the monster tatei of yours I've seen pics of before ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

yes, but it's significantly less monstrous now. Between splitting and fruiting it has definitely lost some mojo. Last year it was in flower or fruit for 4 months, and now it's blooming and fruiting again so it doesn't have much time to make pitchers each year. On the other hand the seedlings from it look promising so it seems worth it to keep breeding with this plant. I am excited that the stem went vertical since Andreas said that is rare with the Cerro Duida plants. If the stem fully splits I will be really happy. Hopefully by 2019 it will be clear whether that is going to happen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12