Over the past year and a half or so I've been watching my H.tatei var. tatei grow and thrive without ever giving the slightest hint of dividing. About a month ago, I finally decided to take matters into my own hands. I made a 1/2 long wedge shaped wound around the base of the plant with a razor blade and applied some keiki paste to the wound. I buried the treated wound with live LFS and left it alone for roughly 1 month. Last night when I decided to remove the moss to see if there was any progress, this is what I found :
There are now 4 healthy looking offshoots emerging from the treated area.