User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Growing sarracenias from seeds..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Growing sarracenias from seeds..

I have around 300+ sarracenia seeds that I have in the fridge ( in a ziploc bag with a napkin and some in a ziploc bag and spaghmom moss ). I've tried to grow a Venus flytrap and darlingtona californica but failed :/ kinda brought my confidence down. So know I'm wondering if I can get some tips on growing sarracenias from seed. Once I take them out the fridge what should I do? I live in Chula Vista , CA near San Diego , CA and want to grow them outside.. Any tips would help thank you

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia are nearly effortless to grow from seed (if you process them correctly!). Case in point:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2014/03/20140326-073410.jpg[/IMG]

Not a Number
    has pointed you to an excellent article that describes the process well. Follow those instructions and you can't fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you "not a number" and "whimgrinder" I really appreciate it I'll post pics as soon as I start they start to grow

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think keeping them humid is important. I've tried Sarracenia and Darlingtonia seeds before and followed the instructions, but they never germinated, probably because they dried out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's the same thing that happened to me when I tired to grow Darlingtonias.. I heard keeping the pot in a ziploc bag works