What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jcals cephs

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
Here are a few photos of some of my cephs.

Double ribbed

Squat

Emu point

Big boy

Hummers giant

Phil Mann

wow. They're healthy and beautiful. What kind of media you're growing?

wow. They're healthy and beautiful. What kind of media you're growing?

thanks!

sand, perlite, peat, turface. pretty much equal parts. turface is the top dressing as well.

beautiful plants! that hummer's giant is especially attractive. do you find that it grows better and prettier than other clones in the same conditions?

got to agree they are splendid examples,do you ever fert your cephs?

beautiful plants! that hummer's giant is especially attractive. do you find that it grows better and prettier than other clones in the same conditions?
It's a lot faster than the other giant clones but not the fastest. Czech and German giant have been extremely slow. The hummers does have a striking color pattern that eye catching. I bought another hummers from a different source to see how they compare. I neglect my plants and they love me for it. I'm not sure why they reward me with great growth but most of my cephs are exploding with growth atm.

got to agree they are splendid examples,do you ever fert your cephs?
I do very inconsistently. I use orchid ferts. Cichlid fish pellets and trich, but only when I remember. Not in any pattern or schedule of any kind. I try to do something to them ever few weeks. When I use the orchid ferts i squrt alittle in the soil and put a few drops in new pitchers.

Thanks! for your information. Do you use tap water or distilled water?

Rain water. I collect water in a rain barrel and use it exclusively.

Great stuff again jaquise!!!!

Loving the squat

Same media that I use! It works amazingly. I think they like the clay nutrients.

Great stuff again jaquise!!!!

Loving the squat

Thanks Matt!
I know you will admire this pic as well.

Triffid Albany black

Last edited:
What's your light/water schedule like? Any clues to online stores to buy these cephs? Only place I can find any is ebay..

What's your light/water schedule like? Any clues to online stores to buy these cephs? Only place I can find any is ebay..

We aren't allowed to discuss specific vendors here, but a Google search should turn up a few stores with Cephalotus in stock, unless you are talking about the variety in this thread specifically.

Looking good jaquise!
Seems to be starting at last can see some adult pitchers coming this summer

Pm me.

Looking good jaquise!
Seems to be starting at last can see some adult pitchers coming this summer

Agreed! The babying stage is over. Time to coax some growth out of this sucker.

New hummers giant. Had it for a few months and already some impressive growth and color.

:hail: :drool:

Looking good. I still want to find a squat and a double ribbed one of these days.

Oh a brief update on those leaf pullings I got from you. Two of the three Hummer's Giant have plantlets. The third I am not entirely sure what it is doing. The leaf is still in great health but just not really producing anything. Only one of the three Emu's survived and that has developed a pretty impressive root system but no leaves. Finally, one of the Phil Mann leaves died but the other two have plantlets forming off of them. Needless to say I am quite happy :)

Looking good. I still want to find a squat and a double ribbed one of these days.

Oh a brief update on those leaf pullings I got from you. Two of the three Hummer's Giant have plantlets. The third I am not entirely sure what it is doing. The leaf is still in great health but just not really producing anything. Only one of the three Emu's survived and that has developed a pretty impressive root system but no leaves. Finally, one of the Phil Mann leaves died but the other two have plantlets forming off of them. Needless to say I am quite happy :)

sounds like i sent you quite a bit of stuff! you came out ahead from the sound it it!

squat is giving me all kinds of trouble. I havent been able to get a single leaf to strike. I have sent a few leaves to others and they have gotten a strike. I guess I dont have the magic touch with that clone. I plan to divide it in the near future and should have some avaiable.

Double ribbed leaves are looking good and I have have a half dozen of those shortly. should be able to spread the clone around soon....

Back