Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to label and catalogue your collection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Jay--I would eventually like to develop a collection much like yours and I think that's a good way to go. I really do think I need to have my own plant codes before I get in over my head.

Remember to stop by if you're ever headed down south .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For plant labels that can take the sun and not become brittle just get an old set of mini blinds from Goodwill or one of the other "THRIFT STOREs" (make sure they are vinyl and not metal :>}) and cut them into suitable sizes. Cut one for inserting into the side of the pot to see and one smaller one with just the ID number into the bottom of the pot for an emergency backup. If you aren't putting the labels in when repotting then just shove the small one deep into the pot.
    What do you do when you see an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Any android version?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costco has one of the Brother P-touch desktop label machines on sale for $19.99 until March 31, 2014. The regular price is $29.99 (or could be $27.99). I didn't write down the model number but it does not have a computer interface. As I recall two fonts and memory for some labels (I want to say 3). Sorry I didn't write down the details. Comes with two tapes of different widths.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, it's the 1880c
    https://www.brother-usa.com/Labeling...1880C/Overview
    $19.99 regularly $27.99 ($35 on Amazon). You can find it for $25 on eBay but does not come with tapes.

Today is the last day for the rebate at Costco.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the miniblinds and GONTP. Also, Jay's labeling system has always seemed like the bee's knees to me.
    Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Brother P-Touch laminated labels for the plants (on misc. plant name plates) and recently I started a spreadsheet on Google Drive for the plants. I tried the CPgrowlist mentioned here but it's not developed any more and it has a few annoying bugs.
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I end up with a bunch of CPs to the extent I can't just remember which is which, I plan on just keeping them in alphabetical order wherever they are set up. That way I can just keep a list on my tablet with the number of each plant I have and not worry about labels breaking.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast