What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Different Ceph ??

I just recently noticed 6 plants in my collection of cephs that have only 1 rib on the peristome between the front hairy “wing” and each of the lateral ones instead of the usual 2.

attachment.php

Has anyone else noticed this in any of their plants?

Also have one with 3 ribs on each side of the midrib.

Last edited:
Having A hard time trying to see what you are referring too. Looks normal to me.

I think he's talking about the number of ribs or teeth (rings? I don't know what you call those toothy things) on the peristome, if you compare his sample image with his avatar photo, he's saying on one plant there's just one tooth between the front central wing and the side wing, while on the other plant there are 2 teeth as you count over from the center. If this is the point, they do seem to be different, but it's not something I've ever paid attention to, can't say whether it is stable or unusual.

mikewilder has gotten the gist of what I was referring to. Here are some more pictures of the differences

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back