Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heliamphora hispida

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, there are definitely a couple clone lines floating around that have issues...

The commonly encountered H. hispida and H. elongata clones are the best known examples.
    There are other clone lines of these species that don't have the same issues, but they are much less common on this side of the pond.

I know I had mature pitchers, but it stayed dwarf...which is cool in it's own way, but not what I wanted.

One of my hispida giveaways with description
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 06-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having the same issues with H.hispida and H.elongata. They will produce "adult" pitchers but the plants seem to be dwarfed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I'm having the same issues with H.hispida and H.elongata. They will produce "adult" pitchers but the plants seem to be dwarfed.
    I've yet to see a good example of H. elongata domestically.
    A nice example would be very desirable IMHO

Sort of elongated with a Jennifer Lopez butt LOL: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn...4p111_116.html

Notice the fuzzy flower stalk too...

Sorry for the tangent Francois'
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 06-01-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Karaurin tepui elongata(s?) seems to flourish in multiple european collections, but agreed, the ilu clone(s) should be called H. perpetuajuvenili, I don't recall even seeing one of the latter with adult pitchers in Europe:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...c=52401&page=1

let's see your dwarf elongata cthulu, even that is a breakthrough imo. It's an ilu clone or...? I've had juveniles for 7 years or more, multiple imports, same behavior. And like all my plants, they are always cold, with lowish light guaranteed by t12s.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewilder View Post
    The Karaurin tepui elongata(s?) seems to flourish in multiple european collections, but agreed, the ilu clone(s) should be called H. perpetuajuvenili, I don't recall even seeing one of the latter with adult pitchers in Europe:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...c=52401&page=1

let's see your dwarf elongata cthulu, even that is a breakthrough imo. It's an ilu clone or...? I've had juveniles for 7 years or more, multiple imports, same behavior. And like all my plants, they are always cold, with lowish light guaranteed by t12s.
    Wow, I think I know which elongata location is likely the momma of my elongata x ionasii

Last edited by Av8tor1; 06-01-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewilder View Post
    It's the Ilu Tepui clone. It's actually just got juveniles on it right now. It usually puts out 1 or 2 "adult" pitchers in the fall which are gone by early spring, leaving me with the juvenile pitchers to stare at all summer. I got my division from Dave Sackett and his parent plant behaves similarly.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming not everyone grows this clone in the same environmental conditions, it sounds like the plant isn't able to make an active pool of gibberellic acid, which would theoretically cause it to remain a dwarf. Have any of you tried treating the plant with GA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mato not me.

On another note, i plan to buy some helis in the next few months. I guess i will try the elongata.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast