User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something seems wrong with my Sarracenia, please help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something seems wrong with my Sarracenia, please help!

If you can see the photo, there is some serious discoloration. This leaf specifically is the worst off, but all of them have this problem. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong. Today I cut off all the dead leaves and flushed out the soil with pure water to get out anything that could hurt, but I do not know if that will help. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it?
    Last edited by ocarinaTimeld; 06-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your pic is broken for me...not that I'm in the best position to help, but someone will request a fixed link sooner, rather than later...so figured I'd jump in.

It would also help to know (TF'ers I'm helping you out here) how long you've had it, and where you're growing it, both general climate and local conditions (such as by a window, out in the yard, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I fixed the link now. As for the conditions, I am in a temperate climate, and I have it under a growlight right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you could get a clearer pic?

It may just be aging. What kind of Sarr. is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a scarlet hood. As for the aging, I don't know about that. The leaf hasn't even opened yet, but the thing looks like it's dying.

I have a really bad camera, my apologies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming it's in a drained pot, and that you've had it for more than a couple weeks....I'd say it looks like excess heat / low humidity. That would be my guess. It really should go outside for the summer if you're in a temperate climate. Top water it every other day or so, and make sure there's an inch or two of water in the tray at all times.

What is your soil mix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember it was either 1 part sphagnum moss, 1 part peat, and 1 part perlite. Either that or 2 part sphagnum, 2 part peat, and 1 part perlite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocarinaTimeld View Post
    If I remember it was either 1 part sphagnum moss, 1 part peat, and 1 part perlite. Either that or 2 part sphagnum, 2 part peat, and 1 part perlite.
    And nothing at all (Perlite or Peat) was fertilized, i.e. Miracle Grow brand?

Sounds okay, though the perlite was unnecessary. My guess is still heat / low-humidity. I'll leave it at that until someone else chimes in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast