Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cephalotus czech giant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cephalotus czech giant

A friend of mine was kind enough to send me some czech giants and im kinda new to the cephalotus morphs/ locations. I just recieved it yesterday and this what it looks like. One of the pitchers lid is rotting or something and also all the pitchers were open upon arrival and are now all closed. Let me know what you think.
    [URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/dovii84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140711_153756.jpg.html][/URL
    Last edited by 510thebay; 07-11-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    and Veitchii x spectibilis
    Cephalotus Follicularis Typical, unknown, and Czech Giant.
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Referring to the one on the right? To me it looks more like it got munched. Insect damage. Once in a while a bug gets lucky... and escapes.
    Jen- My Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...00#post1154900
    "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
    -Bradley Miller-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lids appear to have closed due to shock. I assume these were previously grown in a terrarium, then placed outside ? If this is the case, plants grown softly in a terrarium or indoors need to be slowly acclimated to natural sunlight and possibly the lower humidity outdoors. When soft grown plants are taken from a stable, humid environment and moved into warmer, brighter, dryer conditions they often go into shock and wilt as it appears these plants have done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. Any Ceph in my experience experiences lid wilting when conditions change. Often the lids recover, but it doesn't really matter as the plant will grow new pitchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will it recover. Should i just leave them outside so they can get used to it?
    Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    and Veitchii x spectibilis
    Cephalotus Follicularis Typical, unknown, and Czech Giant.
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just let them get used to it. If your other Cephs are used to your outside conditions, this one shouldn't be any different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should give them an hour or so outdoors then take them inside to a cooler less intense environment and possibly more humid if possible. then the next day try to give them a little more exposure outside than the previous day. Then repeat the process until its outside all day. Keep in mind that the slower you acclimate them the better they will respond to the new environment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more you change conditions the less likely it will get used to any environment. Pick a location and leave it there. If you want it to be outside then leave it where it is. Plan on losing most of the pitchers you see though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast