Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cephalotus help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cephalotus help please

My hummers giants have 2 pitchers that have some black coloring on the pitcher near the peristome. Im using the tray method with about 1/4" - 1/2" of di water. And they are under 4 2' t5ho that i got about a week ago. Are they just adjusting to their new conditions?
    Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    and Veitchii x spectibilis
    Cephalotus Follicularis Typical, unknown, and Czech Giant.
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ICPS it says 5 mm of water could that be the problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never experienced this particular problem, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say it arose because of too much humidity with a lack of air circulation. Cephalotus appreciates high humidity, but needs good airflow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not from the water level and if it was a low humidity issue the tops of the pitchers would close, like the other Ceph to the left of the hummers.

I'd need a better close-up of the black area to be of any more help. If you changed its conditions more than about 25% in any way it "may or may not" be adjusting. Pay much more attention to the new growth than the old growth if you believe this is the cause. Any fuzziness, sliminess, or other words ending in ness is likely a problem.

There is some info about light burn to Ceph on page 6 and 8 of this thread http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...highlight=rack.

I'm growing many, many, many Cephs in my household humidity without any issues, they can easily be grown in 40-60%, higher humidity helps with some things but hurts others and there is already tons of threads about that disagreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you overfeed the pitchers? It looks to me like they are rotting due to decomposing food against the pitcher wall, but I also agree that it could be poor air circulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be food. I fed them a roach the other day. Theres plenty of circulation i have a fan running in my room almost at all times.
    Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooo please keep us posted on how you resolved this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What should i do with it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast