What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Lily Offshoots

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
This:

...is now this:

Huh, I've never seen Darlingtonia's famed 'stolons' before. They look really cool. :awesome:

Good growing to get them that far.

Last edited:
Lucky you! It's not every person who can even grow Darlingtonia, much less do what you have! I know I sure couldn't. :blush:

Sadly cobra lilies are just too sensitive to certain conditions for me to grow them.

You wouldn't know it, but I was a laughingstock on this forum for all my failed experiments with this species. Strangely, although it had a 'proper dormancy', it didn't flower. First pitcher of the season looks gnaryly, now, but here's what it looked like a couple months ago:

Last edited:
I try not to bite off more than I can chew when it comes to plants. Which is why I always ask around about them before I get them, that way I don't end up with plants I can't care for.

I try not to bite off more than I can chew when it comes to plants. Which is why I always ask around about them before I get them, that way I don't end up with plants I can't care for.

From the Reader's digest Quotable Quotes: "Hindsight is 20-20... the rest is legally blind." I overcame my cobra lily woes. Same with a few other challenging species. OTOH, I don't have Nepenthes anymore, or tuberous sundews or Helis.

whats your medium? looks ultra sandy.

Drainage + good nutrition + adequate light = stolons

Sand, peat, and LFS

Back