Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trichoderma source?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AmPac directions say to reapply periodically. A predator could wipe out its food sources.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the benefit of Trichoderma? My own experiences growing mushrooms have taught that Trich is the devil.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A negative association with Trich in terms of mushroom culture is to be expected, I'd imagine. Evidently Trich is a predatory fungus that destroys other fungi. Obviously beneficial for plants that are sensitive to fungal attack and a problem when raising mushrooms.

Products like Great White mentioned above also contain mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria to aid root development. I thought Sarrraciniacae -- and all carnivorous plants for that matter -- were non-mycorrhizal though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbennett4041 View Post
    A negative association with Trich in terms of mushroom culture is to be expected, I'd imagine. Evidently Trich is a predatory fungus that destroys other fungi. Obviously beneficial for plants that are sensitive to fungal attack and a problem when raising mushrooms.

Products like Great White mentioned above also contain mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria to aid root development. I thought Sarrraciniacae -- and all carnivorous plants for that matter -- were non-mycorrhizal though.
    Ok that makes sense. I think these products might have some benefits for some of the touchier terrestrial orchids which rely heavily on an association with mycorrhizal fungi to obtain nutrients.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't suppose similar products are available at Lowes, Home Depot, or Orchard Supply Hardware? Searches for "trichoderma" on their websites show no results.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find some of these in hydroponics stores. AmPac only sells direct I believe. Check their website for contact info or contact TF member True424.

Try a Google search on the product name, find their website and check where to buy, but the search will turn up many places that sell the product.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: purchased some Great White online. I will try to update when pertinent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12