User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning Cobras' Doom

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ps3isawesome they are rather mature. I haven't had them their whole life though, so I can't comment on their age. Something like four years would be my guess though.

@fdfederation it won't ever be in direct sun like the other guy's experience I described above, so probably no higher than room temperature... 80 degrees Fahrenheit max.

I feel that temperature isn't as important as the literature suggests. Dallas's work corroberates this, in addition to other's -- FredG's -- findings.

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbennett4041 View Post
    @DragonsEye It is good to hear others have had similar experiences. Did you add any supplemental lighting? ...
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by cbennett4041 View Post
    @DragonsEye: What kind of Dendrobium? I grow a couple and you got me thinking now...
    It was a NoID Dendrobium bigibbum var. compactum hybrid. One of the cheapos that used to be extremely common at BBSs some years back. By rights it never should have survived that environment -- but I wasn't about to let it know that.

Here it is now in its current dwelling (potted now):

photo DenNoIDsm_zpsd05b2e05.jpg
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice one. I had (apparently) that same plant for a while. I gifted it to a friend when I cut back on my orchs.

Your picture makes me regret that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12