Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S. Smurf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up too JCal, mine looked like yours in its younger days and slowly started developing tighter and disproportional hoods. I'll see if I can find an older worthwhile picture. How old is yours?

I was also surprised how green the Smurf pictures are online. Mine goes to a dark red pretty quickly after the pitcher develops.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Shouldn't it be blue?

^^^^ This guy. Lulz

If I grew this plant or its buddy Mr. Yellow Jacket from seed I would have thrown them out. Seeing them here makes me badly wany both, though. Lousy peer pressure.
    Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sayin'....

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcl27 View Post
    Just a heads up too JCal, mine looked like yours in its younger days and slowly started developing tighter and disproportional hoods. I'll see if I can find an older worthwhile picture. How old is yours?

I was also surprised how green the Smurf pictures are online. Mine goes to a dark red pretty quickly after the pitcher develops.
    Glad the pullings did well for you! I just took photos of the HG. It is impressive. I'll post the pics soon.

I can't remember how old the plant is exactly. Around 2 or 3 years old. Should flower next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RCl27. That's definely a funky smurf... Even as smurfs go. Mine just does the more conicle shaped pitchers and grew quiet decently this year. I collected some selfed seed and some x flava seed from the 6 petaled flowers.... hopefully they germinate after their vacation in the fridge. The seeds seemed very small though.

Corey... What's the problem with yellow jacket? It's not a funky mutant like smurf. I got one direct from D crump years back.... It is vigorous... And pretty much looks almost like a af purp.... Just more upright.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me won't, I wouldn't mind having one. Just saying, it's not exactly a plant one would keep for is beauty. Novelty appeal, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smurf

How couldn't you like this guy? unless you wear a black moomoo and have a cat that follows you around everywhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The double, symmetrical, open at the top rolls are my favorite. Like the one on the right in my picture or the one on the left in Nevermore's bottom photo. It reminds me of some kind of crazy dinosaur horn or mouth. Here's an older picture of the type I am referring too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123