User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Testing out the Beamworks LED Pent 36" HI Lumen Timer Ready 6500K on Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Awesome! Not trying to derail your post, but here is what I use https://www.hydrogrowled.com/189X-PR...ht-P86C60.aspx Something very similar to this, same specs not as much as a price tag
    That looks really nice, I prefer the 6500k LEDs because I like the way the plants look in the white light and LEDs put out the highest lumens per watt at that spectrum. I've been looking and looking for a larger light like that around 300 watts comprised of 6500K LEDs, but haven't had any luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    That looks really nice, I prefer the 6500k LEDs because I like the way the plants look in the white light and LEDs put out the highest lumens per watt at that spectrum. I've been looking and looking for a larger light like that around 300 watts comprised of 6500K LEDs, but haven't had any luck.
    I have experienced amazing coloring under the leds, however, I am with you white light is better. The pinkish tint messes with my eyes. :P
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple more shots, the first two before and after a few weeks under the light fixture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking pretty good, a little red, but I bet they get used to it after another week or so and go green again. What are those smaller neps btw, rafflesiana or x hookeriana perhaps?
    Last edited by Randoja; 02-02-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man this is very intriguing. Do you guys think I should buy this LED setup instead of this one? http://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Sup...High-Output-T5

And does this LED setup last nearly as long? How expensive is it to replace the bulbs?

Im thinking of getting it for my D. binata, capensis and dichrosepalla seedlings, along with maybe some VFTs. Will it be sufficient for these light hungry plants?
    Last edited by Sashoke; 02-03-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Oh man this is very intriguing. Do you guys think I should buy this LED setup instead of this one? http://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Sup...High-Output-T5

And does this LED setup last nearly as long? How expensive is it to replace the bulbs?

Im thinking of getting it for my D. binata, capensis and dichrosepalla seedlings, along with maybe some VFTs. Will it be sufficient for these light hungry plants?
    Look at it this way Brian. The initial costs are similar. The edge in output goes to the T5s, but probably not by as wide a margin as the raw numbers would lead you to believe. The fluorescents lose intensity much quicker. They should be replaced at least yearly. Many reef aquarists replace them every 6-8 months. The cost of 2 full replacements is about the cost of the led fixture.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe this fixture has replacable lamps. At least no mention in the literature. I have yet to fool with setting up the timer I bought. I just turn it on when I get up, and off when I get ready to hit the sack for the most part.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus I figure by the time it needs replacement something better/cheaper/smaller/higher output might be available. Though I did toy with the idea of getting another one to stockpile for the future. Surely it is good for one to three years I hope, anyways.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast