User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Testing out the Beamworks LED Pent 36" HI Lumen Timer Ready 6500K on Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing out the Beamworks LED Pent 36" HI Lumen Timer Ready 6500K on Cephalotus

Hey guys I just picked up this 36 inch LED for 60 bucks here. http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquar...n-p/56366p.htm. Hopefully my cephs will like it. I'll be running it for 12 on 12 off and it's about 7 inches from the plants it has 5700 lumens and 6500k LEDs. I will update this thread with pics each week. It would be great if it works well, it seems to put out very little heat, I actually feel like a sucker for buying the little cooling fans. It certainly is reasonably priced, so we will see if it was a worthwhile purchase soon enough. The plants are 2 typical cephs and 1 Big Boy that I got from RSS, which I still really appreciate.

Last edited by Randoja; 12-08-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting sounding unit and affordable. I'll be looking forward to hearing your results, Randoja. Thanks for posting.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you give a shot of the brackets and how you mounted it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    An interesting sounding unit and affordable. I'll be looking forward to hearing your results, Randoja. Thanks for posting.
    Yeah buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldiver View Post
    Would you give a shot of the brackets and how you mounted it?
    I used zip ties to get it on there good. The brackets extend between 36-40 inches on my model so I pulled them to width that I could get them tightest to the shelf, then closed them back up onto it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a dome for my Emu Point leaf pulls and put them under the light as well. Additionally I added some reflective material to the back side of the top shelf. I would do the sides as well but the trays don't fit within the width of the rack. I might do the sides later once those leaf pulls are hardened, or find a smaller tray and dome for them. 12x12 would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Week Update: The light seems to be doing pretty good. It may not be very evident yet in pics, but I've seen a few pitchers get bigger this week. Also I got 5 new cephs in on Saturday, they are still pretty new and just getting used to the light. One of my original cephs isn't doing great, the plant arrived in this condition though, so I don't think the light is inadequate.

Last edited by Randoja; 12-15-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some 2 week update pics. They're doing pretty good, I'm probably going to get another one of these lights and double up on that shelf. 2 of the models I have would produce significantly more lumens than 1 of the more expensive higher watt models. 2 of my lights is still 10 dollars cheaper than one of the more expensive ones as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In doubling up on fixtures are you looking for more growing space or do you think you need more light intensity?
    - Mark

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast