User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jcals ceph (Cephalotus) seed results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a beauty that's for shore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice picture, jcal!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was about this time last year that I started getting seed from my plants and sending them out. I know this because I have ripening seed about to be collected this year!

Here is a photo of my yearlings

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, Jcal! Looking great, nice job growing these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some of my last batches Cephalotus seedlings from this year...

Those size are a bit older with their semi adult pitchers in their second growing season.

...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My turn to show off again, friends. Out of the eight seedlings that shot up from the seed received from Jcal, I had six survivors. I transplanted them from the Turface and peat mix into just peat and lots o' perlite. These little seedlings and my "larger" plants are all planted in the same mix, in the same south facing window with no supplemental lighting. I think they would do better with more light, but so far so good.

Here are the Jcal seedlings, first. All six are in the same pot. One is so miniscule he is hard to see (my phone camera sucks). The puny one seemed to take a hit from transplanting; the other five seedings seemed to take off upon repotting.

AA battery for comparison.

...and pictures of the rest of my plants. Three plants in two pots were progeny of leaf pullings from Jerry Jackson. The other guy I got in a trade with Peter Jacob. That one is my largest plant so far.

Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww baby cephs are really cute with their little bubble looking lids. I just noticed after moving mine to a stronger light that they are attempting to pitcher instead of just non carnivorous leaves sprouting like crazy. I noticed a few divisions aswell so hopefully in a year or so I'll have nearly as nice of plants as all of you do
    Im really hoping my Albany ceph thats all green will produce nice pitchers again like it did before it got frost damage :/ it was prob my favorite one cayse the lime green color

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Jcal-- Do I need to stratify my seeds? They're a couple weeks old, in a pot in the fridge now. Should I just take them out and forget about stratification?

this is a nice cross I've got, and I'd like as many seedlings to germinate as possible. Thank you in advance!
    Sarracenia Addicted... Lover of all toothed Nepenthes.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment

Keep it that way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast