Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Darlingtonia in Perlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darlingtonia in Perlite

I deflask and grow darlingtonia in perlite and pure water. So far so good. There's no mold & bacteria and they seem happy. Next step will give them a very little fertilizer or amino acids. If they don't like it then move them to sphagnum moss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look beautiful...I look forward to seeing how it works.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some concern that Darlingtonia californica is a fluorine sensitive species and that perlite from some sources contains fluorides. I don't recall anything definite on the subject probably due to lack of research. Just saying...
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    There is some concern that Darlingtonia californica is a fluorine sensitive species and that perlite from some sources contains fluorides. I don't recall anything definite on the subject probably due to lack of research. Just saying...
    Thank you for information. I keep an eye on them. So far plants look healthy for over few weeks. In the past, I grow them in LFSM but they grow very slowly and LFSM will cover them. If I add fertilizer to let them grow faster then LFSM will dye and also Darlingtonia. This time I will try different fertilizer (hydroponic fertilizer, less fungi and bacteria) with very small amount. It's fun to test.