What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made a stop at my local bog today here in ohio...

I did that but it didn't take much to knock seeds out . Really making me think about why they are still in there. Food for birds. ? Another way to be moved around by wind and rain?

Good work cracking those pods open and releasing the seeds. I often find full seed pods during the summer from the previous year. This population in CT had many old full pods of seed. If you look carefully, you might be able to see a few old flowers in the photos.

Fantastic photos! Really cool to see a wintry bog, so different from summertime but still so beautiful.

Awesome pictures throughout the seasons. I miss the northern Sphagnum bogs.

Wow.. really cool pics.. how do I find out if there are bogs in my area? Thanks for sharing..

Wow.. really cool pics.. how do I find out if there are bogs in my area? Thanks for sharing..

Where in Michigan are you located?

St. Clair Shores, MI. 48082 About 10 minutes north of Detroit...

Nice photos! I've never seen pictures of bogs in the winter so the pictures were very interesting.

St. Clair Shores, MI. 48082 About 10 minutes north of Detroit...

It was a long short, but I know of a couple places in the UP :lol:

Back