What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heliamphora webpage

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Great site easy to navigate. Now if I can translate that info into keeping my plant alive lol

Looks great!! :hail:

However, I don't see a section entitled "Gallery" - obvious oversight (unless you plan to hide your pics elsewhere) :scratch:

Finding specific info is definitely one of the weak points of having a forum being the only repository. Thinking of this, you may also want to have sections on your setup & your Tricho research.

Most of my cultivation info can currently be found in the Dec 2013 issue of the ICPS journal.
(available online to ICPS members)

I'm going to see if I can get their permission to reprint it as well, I really don't want to reinvent the wheel

and thanks, trying to keep it simple.... having to learn as I go, much has changed since my last page (geocities vintage LOL)
Fluid CSS is taking a wee bit of time to figure out

This is great AV, thanks for your time and effort I am sure many will appreciate it, and maybe my new little heli will see its first birthday

However, I don't see a section entitled "Gallery" - obvious oversight (unless you plan to hide your pics elsewhere) :scratch:

Finding specific info is definitely one of the weak points of having a forum being the only repository. Thinking of this, you may also want to have sections on your setup & your Tricho research.

oh I knew you were lurking :p

hehehehehe yes, yes.... baby steps

Finally! This is exciting! I've followed all your threads and now my heli has 3 flower stalks and looking nicer than ever. Looking forward to updates on your page :)

Looking great! Such a web resource on Heliamphora is unprecedented for sure.

Though I agree with Ron. We gotta know what we are striving to achieve right? Pix or it didn't happen.

yeah yeah, I hear y'all... no pressure at all :p
Ron is probably the one that has been after me the longest to do something....

I guess I've got it coming :-))

I'm still awaiting your podcast.

Can't be long until you are on Charlie Rose...

Seriously, it's great to see this, Butch!

I am honored by all the comments...
was trying to work on pollen section, but flu and meds are saying no no no

Hmm....only took an electric cattle prod for you to start coding :poke:

Faster Butchie, faster!! ZAP, ZAP!!

Butch can't you load Wordpress on your server? Worpress and 1000s of customizable site themes are free, then working on your site is no harder than making posts here.

You can add special CSS if you need to but often they're ready to go right off the download/install.

Well, now you're making me miss growing Helis! Great job, Butchyboo.

ahhhh, my volunteered (cough, cough) editor :p

Hmm....only took an electric cattle prod for you to start coding :poke:

Faster Butchie, faster!! ZAP, ZAP!!

promises, promises.... but turn the prod down to "fun" level please :0o:

(thanks for the final nudge Jen :hug:)

Butch can't you load Wordpress on your server? Worpress and 1000s of customizable site themes are free, then working on your site is no harder than making posts here.

You can add special CSS if you need to but often they're ready to go right off the download/install.

ummmm wordpress?

last editor I used back in the day was Macromedia's Dreamweaver, so that is what I went to...
I must say, much has changed in the last 10 yrs... tables are out and liquid CSS is in, meta tags are taboo now, etc etc...
I'm happy with the basic format, not sure what happens when I try nesting CSS elements inside CSS elements but not going to worry about it.
Me like simple :)

Well, now you're making me miss growing Helis! Great job, Butchyboo.
Zu!!!!!!
I can fix that issue really easy ya know:lol:

:hug:

All hail Butchyboo, the emperor of Tincher Massif . . .

Last edited:
Looks great! Very informative.. All the info one needs in one "simple to use" location. Eagerly awaiting the gallery section as well.

Back